Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Remembering to be mindful of positive feelings too

I'm finding that I often forget to practice mindfulness when I'm experiencing positive feelings -- I tend to use it as a coping mechanism to help me deal with negative emotions.  It's possible that I might not be the only one who does this so I thought I'd remind everyone to take a moment to be mindfully present when you're feeling good too!

Here are a few quotes:

"People deal too much with the negative, with what is wrong.  Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom?"
-Thich Nhat Hanh
This is what I was just talking about in my post!!!  I think it should be my mantra for the day:-)
"You only lose what you cling to."
-Buddha

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional."
-The Dalai Lama

"The chief cause of suffering for human beings is an inability to have things be the way they are."
-Unknown

"If you desire to know where your spiritual work lies look to your emotional pain."
-Alan Cohen

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorites