Monday, August 31, 2009

I Cry Because

One of the things I've been working on is being mindful when I notice myself engaging in the ego mindset of attachment. (The whole concept of "ego mindset" is beyond the scope of this particular post. For more information, the author David Richo talks about ego mindsets in many of his books. One book in particular, "How to Be an Adult in Relationships," has had a profound impact on my views on the subject). This poem summarizes some of my observations:

I Cry Because:

I cry because I have become accustomed to trying to get other people to meet my needs

And now I'm struggling to fulfill them for myself.

I cry because I'm digging so deeply it hurts

And because my ego is doing what it always does: cling, desire, fear, etc.

I cry now but I know I will not cry forever --

In the end I will learn to give myself everything that I need

And then I will no longer have a reason to cry.

2 comments:

My Favorites