Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Stuck...

I don't have much to say -- which is the problem, actually.  I go through these periods of creativity where ideas just come to me and these blog posts practically write themselves.  Then there are times when my mind seems to just take a vacation.  Try as I might, ideas simply don't manifest themselves.  I look for inspiration -- I read about subjects that interest me, I pay attention to current events, I draw upon others' experiences -- but during these slumps even when I become inspired I can't seem to put two thoughts together or to generate a coherent sentence.  There are a lot of things I've been thinking about, it's just that my ideas seem incomplete and I find it impossible to draw any conclusions from them.  So instead of writing about anything meaningful I decided I would write about the fact that I have nothing meaningful about which to write.  I imagine this is just temporary -- I've been feeling a bit stressed lately and that makes it hard for me to think clearly.  Even at work I have difficulty thinking clearly -- I certainly don't do my best work when I'm stressed.  Anyway, I will definitely have more to say later, hopefully some time in the near future...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Friend,

    I'm just finishing up my BSW. I was reflecting with a friend about some difficult life events that have happened and I realized that I've learned a lot more through losing a niece, grandfather and romantic relationship at the same time than I have through any class. Experiencing the depression and struggling against it taught me way more about how to relate to people in difficult situations than any class could have. Maybe what you're going through will help with your practice as well.

    ReplyDelete

My Favorites